Influences include Gerhard Richter, Lucian Freud, Eric Fischl, the Impressionists and the Italian Renaissance artists and his philosophy revolves around the following statement:
“The context within which we experience an event will determine how that event is encoded and retained”
(Oxford Companion to the Mind- Richard L Gregory- 1987)
2007 Certificate in Education, Wigan and Leigh College
2005 BA (Hons) Fine Art, University of Central Lancashire, Preston
2009 Marks and Spencer’s commission an acrylic painting of the new front of store area inside the Grand Arcade celebrating their 127 year anniversary. The painting will be auctioned of to raise money for Derian House.
2009 Friends of Mesnes Park Wigan commissioned to paint a view of the park including the pavilion for display in the renovated cafe.
2008 Tote Sport commissioned me to produce eight portraits of celebrities using horsehair taken from the 2006 Grand National winner Numbersixvalverde. The finished paintings where exhibited at Aintree over the three days of the Grand National event they will then be auctioned of to raise money for the Alder Hey Childrens Hospital Imagine Appeal.
- 2016 Arts for Health Exhibition Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh N H S Royal Albert Edward Infirmary, Wigan Lane, Wigan.
- 2015 Warrington Open Art Exhibition, Warrington Museum and Art Gallery, Warrington.
- 2015 Arts for Health Exhibition Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh N H S Royal Albert Edward Infirmary, Wigan Lane, Wigan.
- 2014 Warrington Open Art Exhibition, Warrington Museum and Art Gallery, Warrington.
- 2014 Cross Street Open Studio, Cross Street Standish.
- 2013 Skarts, Stockport Open Art Exhibition, StockportArtGallery, Stockport Cheshire.
- 2013 National Acrylic Painters Association, PannettArtGallery, PannettPark, Whitby, North Yorkshire.
- 2013 Python Open Art Exhibition, St GeorgesGallery, Bolton
- 2012 Turnpike Open Exhibition, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
- 2012 Ashton Art Group Annual Exhibition, St Thomas Church Hall, Ashton-in-Makerfield.
- 2012 Skarts, Stockport Open Art Exhibition, StockportArtGallery, Stockport, Cheshire
- 2012 Skarts. Stockport Open Art Exhibition, Stoackport Art Gallery, Stockport, Cheshire.
- 2011 National Acrylic Painters International Exhibition, Williamson Art Gallery, Birkenhead. (Prizewinner)
- 2011 Turnpike Open Exhibition, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
- 2011 Astley Hall Biennial Open Exhibition. Judges Choice Award Winner.
- 2011 SKarts, Stockport Open Art Exhibiton. 2nd prize winner best painting.
- 2011 Little White Cube Opening Exhibition, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan
- 2010 The National Acrylic Painters’ Association The Crypt, Gallery, St. Ives (prizewinner Daler Rowney Award)
- 2010 SAA Artist of the Year Competition, Business Design Centre Islington (winner 1st prize still life category)
- 2010 Revolve Gallery Open, Castle Street, Citheroe.
- 2010 Leigh and Wigan Artists Open, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
- 2009 People and Places, The Architect’s Gallery Ltd, The Powder Rooms 69-71 Broad Street Teddington
- 2009 NAPA 25th International Exhibition, View Two Gallery, Mathew Street, Liverpool.
- 2009 SAA Artist of the Year Competition, Figure and Portrait Category, Business Design Centre, Islington, London.
- 2009 Astley Biennial Open ExhibitionAstley Hall, Chorley.
- 2009 Go Pink and Blue, Novas , Contemporary Urban Centre, Liverpool. Charity event in aid of male and female cancer charities
- 2009 Turnpike Open, Turnpike Gallery Leigh.
- 2009 Revolve Gallery, Triangle Shopping Centre, Manchester.
- 2009 Revolve Gallery @ G Casino exclusive one night only art event 2nd April.
- 2008 St Peters RC High School, Orrell, Wigan. OK Studios artists exhibition.
- 2008 SAA Artist of the Year Competition, Waterperry, Oxfordshire. (Ist prize. Winner of landscape/urban category)
- 2008 Patchings International Art Exhibition, Patchings Art Centre, Nottingham.
- 2008 Leigh and Wigan Artists Open Exhibition, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
- 2007 ‘Wigan to Leigh’ Exhibition of artworks produced by local artists and art groups held at the Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
- 2007 NAPA 23rd International Exhibition, Ludlow Assembly Rooms, 1 Mill Street, Ludlow, Shropshire. (Prizewinner Daler Rowney best British painting category)
- 2007 Looking Sideways.- OK Artists Studios Exhibition, Drumcroon Art Gallery and Education Center, Parsons Walk, Wigan. (27 Jul – 24 Aug 2007)
- 2006. OK Studio, Open Studio Exhibition, Cross Street, Standish, Wigan.
- 2006. Past Present Future, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh (Winner of the Peoples Prize)
- 2005. Stockport Open Exhibition, Stockport Art Gallery, Cheshire. (Winner of the Peoples Prize)